Charitable Life Insurance
Viability of Existing Life Insurance Policies
Review, organize, and integrate your charity’s existing life insurance policies
1. Review the viability of each policy
2. Provide analysis and recommendations of all
existing life insurance policies
3. Organize policies for annual review
4. Integrate policies into planned gift expectancies
Life Insurance Appraisals
The IRS requires the use of a qualified appraiser for charitable gifts of donated property which has a fair market value of more than $5,000. The cash value (not the policy face value) of a donated life insurance policy which is more than $5,000 requires the use of a qualified appraiser.
The IRS has established requirements as to who can offer their services to the public as a qualified life insurance appraiser, see Section 1-170-13 of the Internal Revenue Code.
Charitable Life Insurance Program
b. Provide analysis and recommendations of existing policies
c. Provide Gift Acceptance Policy for CLI
2. Implement marketing, controlling, managing, and creating policies
3. Train staff to manage and administer CLI
Planned Gift Specialists
If you are interested in retaining our services as a planned gift specialist for your organization, please contact us.